Volleyball has been a huge part of Coach Stephanie’s life ever since she fell in love with the sport as a 7th grader, 25 years ago! Although, at the time, she was big time into softball and basketball, something about volleyball won her heart and she has never looked back. She played all four years in high school as well as two years at the D3 level, where her team was ranked 6th in the state of CA. She made the ALL State Northern CA team in 1999 and All League, Golden Valley Conference in 1999 & 2000.
Stephanie took a break from volleyball to pursue her teaching credential, met and married her husband, moved to Ridgecrest, and now has three children of her own. She loves working with kids and has been coaching various sports in Ridgecrest, including the Cerro Coso Women’s Volleyball team, for the past four years. As a youth coach, she hopes to instill a passion for the game and a strong sense of teamwork and sportsmanship, as well as becoming a better all-around volleyball player. She believes that teaching how to read the game is equally as important as proper fundamentals and will strive to do both in her practices. Her practices will consist of volleyball drills mixed with game-like play to allow for competitiveness and teamwork. She looks forward to the club season!
- Cerro Coso Community College Women’s Volleyball Team, Assistant Coach 4 years
- ELITE VBC 12’s, Assistant Coach 2 years
- Kerr McGee Youth Volleyball Camps & Clinics
Certifications / Credentials
- USAV IMPACT and Safesport Certified
- Gold Medal Squared Coaching Clinic 1 year 2015
- Art of Coaching Volleyball Coaching Clinics 1 year 2016
- Single-Subject, CA State Teaching Credential & Substitute at SSUSD